XC Ski Nation
XC Ski Nation is an online membership site for avid nordic skiers
Excellent Technique for Everyone
XC Ski Nation will help you...
- Clearly understand modern skate and classic skiing,
- Stay up to date with new technique and training trends,
- Get expert advice and support,
- Network with other nordic skiers from around the world.
- Video courses mix theory with practical training tips.
- Based on the latest scientific research and current practices from the elite level.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technique and training trends.
Drills and Lessons
- Drills, exercises, progressions and other workout ideas so you always have something to work on.
- Simple to understand, step by step explanations.
- Downloadable demonstration videos from Canadian National Team skiers.
Interaction & Support
- Expert answers to your nordic skiing questions, either inside the forum or via monthly Q & A webinars.
- Network with nordic skiers from all over the world.
- Private, personalized technique analysis is also available to members at an additional cost. Please refer to the pricing page.
Kim - Director
Kim didn't discover technical nordic skiing until her mid-thirties. The insights she gained as an adult learner help her find novel ways to teach high performance skiing.
Kim has many years experience coaching youth and adult athletes. She's the proud creator of several popular drills, such as the "Stride Triangle", "Invisible Wall", and the "One Skate Dance".
Kai - Head Coach
Kai grew up ski racing, pursuing the dream as a competitive athlete while coaching skiers at all levels - from young skiers who just want to have fun, to ambitious master's athletes with serious skiing goals.
Kai has a gift for translating the complexities of the sport into simple steps that help adult skiers experience dramatic improvements in their technique. He's an admitted nordic ski geek and loves studying all aspects of cross-country skiing.
Chris - High Performance Coach
Chris is a world class coach and Olympian. He represented Canada on the Canadian Ski Team for 10 years, competing at 4 World Championships, numerous World Cups and the 2006 Winter Olympics. He's currently High Performance Program Director, Alberta World Cup Academy, one of Canada's national athlete training centres.
Chris is beloved in Canada for his generous, charismatic personality and his many talents as a coach and athlete.
What our athletes say...
These guys are great! After being coached the last two seasons by all three coaches my skiing has done nothing but improve. Their focus on technique and making hard to grasp concepts understandable is amazing. With their different skill sets, you will have all your bases covered. I would highly recommend you get as much help as you can from these knowledgeable coaches.
Over the past few years I’ve been coached by Kim, Kai and Chris. Each is unique but they work so well together. The individual guidance is amplified by the synergies and trust between them allowing you to reap real benefits. My skate skiing took a huge leap forward this year. At the beginning of the season even a moderate hill would defeat me and my offset stride would stall out. A couple of days with Chris and I was moving more efficiently – actually gliding up hill. Handed over to Kim and Kai they built on Chris’s work, coaching further improvements in my technique. Now I often one-skate all but the steeper hills and no more bogging down. As an ultra-marathon runner I was fit when I met Kim, Kai and Chris. Now I’m a better skier!